"Fools quote others, genius' quote themselves" - Phill

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A lament

I am tired of speaking on my own death and other such... Featuring in the side of todays background pulled randomly from Google are these words, I thought they suited...

where once was light
now darkness falls
where once was love
love is no more
these tears we cry
are falling rain
for all the lies you told us,
the hurt, the blame
and we will weep
to be so alone
we are lost...
we can never go home.

I don't know what the figure is at the side, I don't know. But if forced to assume some form of knowledge about it, I must say that judging by the quiver of arrows at it's feet and judging by the positioning of the hand as if upon the hilt of a sword I can only assume that these are supposed to be words of a knight clad in dark armor. Well, I am never home, if home is where the heart is, then physically I have a heart thus a home. But to go beyond that, to assume any affiliation with some supernatural, or ethereal existence is folly. Be thankful knight, that you have such fond memories to call upon in your time of need, that there was once love, openly expressed love, you were never left guessing, with any ounce of doubt. Something for us all I think. Do not ponder that times presently don't appear to be such a gift as yesterday. Just acknowledge that yesterday was a gift that only tomorrow may bring once more. Are you foolish enough to deny yourself those opportunities?

No comments:

Post a Comment