"Fools quote others, genius' quote themselves" - Phill

Friday, September 3, 2010

Dinner!!

Dinner tonight was fantastic! I mean, prime choice cut serloin steak, well done, with a worcestershire sauce, a little strong and 'tangy' (can I use that?), but manageable, a side of mash potatoes, and a helping of good old steamed veggies. Verry well done, congratulations! Dessert was brilliant! They called it a "lemon jelly slice", from what I could decipher, if was a crumbed base of butter and crushed biscuit, thickened cream mixed with lemon, topped with jelly, of course lemon. (Still a little cautious with jelly... Just something one gets used to I suppose... ) And bavarian!!! Ever had bavarian?? You simply MUST try it! A light white cream, with a chocolate mousse centre on top of another crumbed, biscuit type base... Have I used the word divine yet? Oh! I simply must!! And to not have to worry about cooking, or the dishes, or preparing the food... That is definitely an experience I'd recommend to all! And the best part is, all of it, the service, the waiters, the cheff, all very accomodating, and I didn't pay through my nose for it either... The whole evening, only $10... That, is a night very well accomplished, I must say!

Now, you're probably wondering why I'm going on and on about this food... Good question, well I have recently come back from an adventure, on the Young Endeavour! If I have to explain what that is, and you can't be bothered googling it, you're not that interested are you? Well, that adventure was the start of my new life! Before this, I had honestly never had a crumpet, peanut butter, or vegemite. The only music was classical! And as for television, and radio, and mobile phones, and even telephones, well, just no... The crew of this adventure made sure I didn't go home empty handed, and I didn't! Nor did I make it out empty minded! I've never eaten at a restaurant before, well I have once before, but can't really define it as well as this one, I'm still a little confused about it, so for the interests of my reader, this is the first restaurant experience! Being home schooled does have its disadvantages, to say the least. I've never had any realy friends, definitely no one worth staying in contact with, until now. So, for those people who know who they are, this is for you! A detailed list of meals and likes and interests shall be added to each and every blog, detailing the successes! And the down right failures... An open minded, taste test of the world if you will!

2 comments:

  1. PHILL have you ever considered being a food critic!! I think you would have the most awesome time ever :)or a weiter..
    Your blogs are amazing keep it up sweetie!!

    Lots of love Ally xoxo

    ReplyDelete